<img class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-4908" src="https://starspangledthinking.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/true-hollywood.png" alt="true-hollywood" width="650" height="350" />
I recently proclaimed my support for Donald Trump on social media through a post (below) to Facebook.
I am not a racist, bigot, agent for hate or whatever else the media has called Trump and his supporters. I am a patriot and I believe that our country – which has been steadily going into the crapper since Obama became President – will never recover from the damage done if Clinton becomes his successor. This is the most important election of my lifetime and I stand with Trump.
I didn’t get a lot of reaction to my post, which is fine, since that wasn’t the intention. However, I did get one response that really made me think:
The website referred to me by my Facebook friend is Factcheck.org – Obama’s Numbers. It includes statistical information on crime, guns, jobs, health insurance and more throughout the Obama presidency. The summary at the top of the page reads:
Since President Barack Obama first took office:
- Homicides have dropped 13 percent, but gun sales have surged.
- The economy has added more than 9 million jobs, and the jobless rate has dropped to below the historical median.
- The number of long-term unemployed Americans has dropped by 614,000 under Obama, but it is still 761,000 higher than at the start of the Great Recession.
- There are 15 million fewer people who lack health insurance.
- Corporate profits are up 166 percent; real weekly wages are up 3.4 percent.
- Wind and solar power have nearly tripled, and now account for more than 5 percent of U.S. electricity.
- The federal debt has more than doubled — rising 116 percent — and big annual deficits have continued.
- The Economy, specifically jobs and unemployment
- Debt and spending
- Health insurance
- National Security
Since there is a lot of ground to cover, I’m going to break it down into several parts. Part 1 is all about the topic of crime.
All of the offenses in the violent crime category [homicides, rape, assault and robbery] showed increases when data from the first six months of 2015 were compared with the data from the first six months of 2014.
In fact, Obama and his deputies have aggressively rejected any criticism from police officials, including FBI director James Comey, who argue that increased political scrutiny of cops is reducing law enforcement and increasing death rates. Comey described that political and media oversight as a “chill wind.” To hide the spike, Obama has repeatedly compared 2015 crimes rates to pre-2013 rates, allowing him to say crime has dropped to near-record lows while ignoring the 2015 and 2016 spikes.
Now you might say, “but Breitbart is clearly a right-wing publication.” Well, because of the incredible media bias these days it is real hard to find any news coverage telling the truth that isn’t right-wing. But, in this case, the FBI’s report backs up the article.
This is in no way an exhaustive review but, based on the evidence so far, my conclusion is that if a Clinton presidency continues the current policies of the Obama administration – which Hillary has already said she would – violent crime will keep rising at an alarming pace. Trump, who vows to be the “law & order” President, wins my vote when it comes to crime.